Tuesday, May 08, 2007

The Next Generation

It was two months ago when the Philippine Philharmonic staged Poulenc's Concerto for Two Pianos, featuring Cecile Licad and her son, Ottavio Licad-Meneses. Fantastic. I got two tickets for free (apparently, father was interested in the performance and exerted extra effort to get several tickets).

Licad, in her age, plays so strong, refined. Sheer brilliance.

Their rendition, however, was much slower compared to the recordings I have. I wonder if they want to time it really well with the orchestra, or merely the conductor's interpretation. Nevertheless, hearing it live was an amazing experience.

I was moved, though, with Ottavio playing alongside his mom. I mean, being a musician's son, I know that won't be possible (in my current situation).

It's hard being in marketing research, there's not much time and space to do anything and everything. I would have to draw blood from stone just to re-learn and improve on the piano. I guess it's time to act, then. Soon as I get a window (a huge window) from work, I'll do three hours every permissible day.

The desire is there, but the question is when.

No comments: