Monday, June 04, 2007

Indulgence

In my most recent trip to Hong Kong (May 24 to 28, 2007), my friends and I went around Hong Kong shops and malls, and I have these as gifts for myself:

Cantonese Phrasebook (from PageOne) - not that helpful without a cassette tape for pronunciation and tone guide. But I'm serious about learning this language, knowing that this would be helpful next time Joseph and I visit Macau (I'm seeing at least once in 1-2 years).. we really love the place.

Reinecke CD - Reinecke: Music for Clarinet

Can't wait to listen to Reinecke's tunes really really soon. I knew of Reinecke from Dea, and I really liked one of his works, I just forgot the title. It was a piece of work that features the clarinet, too. Here is the track list of the CD I bought:

Trio in A major for Clarinet, Piano, and Viola, Op. 264
I. Moderato - Allegro
II. Intermezzo
III. Legende
IV. Finale: Allegro moderato

Fantasiestucke, Op. 22 (Clarinet + Piano)
I. Allegretto
II. Presto
III. Deutscher Walzer - Intermezzo
IV. Canon

Clarinet Sonata, Op. 167bis, "Undine" (Clarinet + Piano)
I. Allegro
II. Allegro vivace
III. Andante, molto tranquillo
IV. Finale: Allegro molto

Introduction and Allegro appassionato in C minor, Op. 256 (Clarinet + Piano)

This CD I haven't seen in the Philippines. I'm really happy about HMV Hong Kong's range of classical music CD's. Such a big leap from the choices we have locally.

No comments: