Monday, September 04, 2006

Basketball Games and (Almost) Seeing Oneself on TV

I joined my significant other, Joseph, to watch an inter-university ball game of his school yesterday and found it, to my surprise, a refreshing and interesting experience. I don't play the game, nor do I watch it with much fanaticism (but the eye for good-looking basketball players is a different story altogether).

And it feels good if your team wins. It's the first time we watched live together and his school won (my school, apparently, was banned this season in any sports-related activity of the gaming body). Hence, I've been rooting for his university's team.

What's good about it was that he was televised as we saw in the monitor / live TV screen during the game. At that three to four-second clip, he was holding up an inspiring banner (inspiring, but very straightforward) - he made that banner as he found out the game was dedicated to one of the team's members who passed away last summer... the guy's birthday was yesterday, same date as the game.

I think there might have been clips that also featured my fat face in a tiny part of the TV screen. And here's why I'll never know anytime soon... Cable went out when we arrived at his place to catch the replay! Oh, well. We weren't able to see ourselves, nor have we been able to record it on video. Best thing now is to grab a copy from the media people. That's Joseph's assignment. It's a must-have - it's a memorable game for us - our first winning game - live!

Definitely the best part is - his team won! And I think the Tigers played fair and played well in that game (though I know I'm not the best person to be the judge of that). We had a good meal after and went home in a good mood - not feeling disappointed at all!

I just feel too nervous about my upcoming research work - so here I am, just finished revising some work-related document. I still haven't returned home since Saturday night, but I see myself in a taxi on the way back home in a few minutes. All I need to do is inform the sleeping Joseph on the nearby bed and sleep long hours at my place until Monday late morning (hehe... around 9?). And then I journey on to a long working September. 

Oh. And Harry Potter didn't end well last night. Joseph's DVD copy went skipping and skipping - we never even finished Book 2. I'll grab myself a copy quick!

No comments: