Friday, September 08, 2006

Wedding Music

A close college friend will get married next year and I was pleased to help her find good wedding music during the ceremony-in-church (while reciting her vows, as background music). Hmmm... was actually glad she asked for my suggestions - I went through my music files quickly, and immediately, after that phone conversation.

She told me her wedding march would be Pachelbel's "Canon in D". I didn't tell her that I used to like it so much... and that right now I feel it's not too special anymore for me. Most probably because I got so used to it already, to the point that it no longer startled me. Yes, I didn't tell her that. That's what she wants, and she's the one who's going to be married anyway.

In a couple of hours, I gave her this list for other music that she can (possibly) play:

Meditation from "Thais" - Jules Massenet (Piano + Violin)

Meditation from "Thais" - Jules Massenet (Piano + Strings?)

Clair de Lune - Claude Debussy (Piano)

Clair de Lune - Claude Debussy (Harp)

Prelude No. 1 - J. S. Bach (Harpsichord)

Where Dreams Are Born from "AI" Soundtrack - John Williams (Orchestral, with Voice)

Bell Ringing - Edvard Grieg (Piano)

Mockingbird Days - Jim Chappell (Piano - 30-second sample only, not a full length audio track)

Tanti Anni Prima - Astor Piazzolla (Piano + Violin)

The Swan from "Carnival of the Animals" - Camille Saint-Saens (Piano + Violin)

Morning Mood from "Peer Gynt" - Edvard Grieg (Orchestra)

Tennessee from "Pearl Harbor" Soundtrack - Zimmer (Orchestra)

Traumerei - Robert Schumann (Cello)

Ave Maria - Franz Schubert (Cello, Instrumental)

Gymnopedie No. 1 - Erik Satie (Piano)

Andante Festivo - Jean Sibelius (String Quartet)

Hope she enjoyed sampling the music as much as I had fun gathering these for her. And I know it will be so romantic a wedding - oh, I felt much anticipation while I was searching (and re-listening to) these files.

Weddings... as for me, I've recognized long ago that I'll never experience and have my own ceremony. A wedding-like experience, maybe. But never a church wedding for me.

No comments: